Yummy Indian Vegetables
- 1 medium onion, cubed
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 potato, cubed
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Cut all the vegetables, and put them in a pot
- Add all the spices, oil, and water.
- Stir it, so that all the veggies are covered with the spices.
- Turn on the stove on medium high heat, and stir the veggies
for a few minutes.
- Cover the pot and let it simmer on the lowest heat possible
for 15-20 minutes.
- Check and see if the veggies are tender enough, and
there is still some water left.
If not, add some water and let it simmer (covered)
for a few more minutes.
- Take the pot off the stove and enjoy the veggies
with rice or bread.
Source: Shamim Hunt, famous Maimon chef.